Although we all know the saying a picture can tell a thousand words, it has become trendy to make your photos stand out by adding motivational Instagram captions. As Instagram grows in popularity, so has the trend of adding inspirational quotes to your pictures.
Business owners can use this great feature to link their positive captions to their Instagram bio. This is a very effective way to boost your small business‘ engagement on social media.
How to Write Great Captions for Instagram
If you are a newbie to Instagram, you might be wondering what a caption is. A caption is an explanation or short description attached to a photo to shed some light on the importance or relevance of the image. It is common for captions on Instagram to include tags, emojis, and hashtags.
Instagrammer Camillamilja did a great job with her caption, where she shares one of her favorite parts of the world with others with a caption that explains why this photo is unique to her.
She also asks a question to encourage followers to post. So how do you write Instagram captions that stand out from the rest?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
Boost your Instagram account engagement by asking questions or encouraging followers to do something. This is exceptionally effective if you have a small business.
For example, saying “tag a friend who enjoys kombucha” if you have a kombucha business will not only encourage your followers to engage but also tag new potential customers.
Another way to get people to participate is by asking a question. An example of a caption that asks a question would be:
This Instagrammer starts by asking whether the viewers have plans for the weekend and then promotes a free yoga class.
In addition, asking interested viewers to sign up in the Instagram bio encourages potential clients to browse the bio.
By asking a question or encouraging some kind of action, it is possible to engage the audience and build a stronger relationship.
For example, a phenomenal Instagram caption can encourage people to buy, share, and talk.
Keep the character limit in mind
Instagram allows 2,200 caption characters. So how many words can you write using 2,200 characters? It works out to about 330 words, more or less.
This should be more than enough because inspirational Instagram quotes should not be too long, or the viewer might lose interest.
Maximize your message with emojis
It is common for Instagrammers with thousands of loyal followers to include Easter eggs in their inspirational Instagram captions.
Now what is an Easter egg on Instagram, you might wonder.
Well, emojis can send a message without the use of words. Therefore, they are Easter eggs that can enhance your message without writing overly long inspirational captions.
Emojis are a great and fun way to communicate with your audience, and business owners can use them to boost hype surrounding a product launch, for example.
Take a minute to think about it
It has happened to almost all of us. You’ve posted something, and then you think of several funny Insta captions a little later in the day.
A successful Instagram future belongs to those who take the time to think about their Instagram captions before posting.
If you are someone who likes to write lists, apply that to your Insta captions, too.
Jot down a couple of Instagram captions and then choose your best inspirational Instagram captions, and continue until there is only one that remains.
This will help avoid an Instagram post that you might regret later.
So decide on the tone of your post and then examine the photo.
Finally, write something that goes perfectly with the image.
How do you make your motivational captions stand out?
Unfortunately, no one lives a struggle-free life these days. That is partly why social media is so necessary and successful.
It provides a safe platform for us to connect to others who might be struggling with exactly the same number of things we do.
People yearn to belong and relate. Those are the key elements if you want to write good Instagram captions that will motivate people to live life to the fullest.
Some themes stand out when it comes to captions for Instagram.
These themes include:
- Persistence and success
- Mental well-being
- Physical health
- Family, friends, and love
Regardless of the theme you choose, it is possible to write great motivational captions for Instagram if you set the right tone and connect to people experiencing the same thing.
How to write incredible inspirational Instagram captions for each of the six themes
If you think about it, the six themes are so broad that nothing else really remains.
Therefore, it is possible to build a strong relationship with your audience by making your posts relatable, personal, and motivational.
Not only will these motivational quotes have a positive impact on your day, but they will help your audience with struggles they might face in life.
Persistence and success
We all long to be successful, but it can be a challenging and harsh path to success for many of us. Having honest captions about the struggles to become successful makes people feel like they are not alone.
In addition, by adding motivation to keep fighting for success, you make your audience feel like they have someone backing them every step of the way.
Here are a few good examples of persistence and success captions:
- I’m so ready to be a massive success, no matter how long it takes.
This is effective since many people want success now.
This post makes it relatable in that regard while adding the element of patience.
- Dream big or remain invisible
People who have big plans tend to be more successful.
So it is always a good idea to encourage your audience to go big just like you.
- By any means, standing is my only option.
This relates to the concept of getting knocked down only to rise higher.
- The greatest glory isn’t achieved in a day.
Of course, this shows your followers how important it is to remain patient since success hardly ever happens overnight.
- ‘Only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.’ Richard Nixon
Quoting people who have successfully impacted our lives is a great way to make your Instagram profile stand out from the rest.
- Quit being your own worst enemy.
Unfortunately, we often limit ourselves and keep ourselves from reaching our potential.
Speak up and let your audience know that the time has come to say goodbye to the enemy within.
- ‘To learn, you have to listen. To improve, you have to try.’ – Thomas Jefferson.
Make your audience nod their heads in agreement with wonderful inspirational captions like this one.
- ‘It has long come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.’ – Leonardo Da Vinci.
These wise words from Da Vinci encourage us all to follow our dreams and create the world we hope to live in.
By including more captions like this one, you will make your audience feel motivated, excellent, and ready to take life on.
Social media has become vital for many people who struggle with their mental health.
It is a support network that offers unmeasurable value to those who are dealing with mental struggles.
A well-written inspirational Instagram post can make those who are having a tough time mentally feel less alone. That makes it priceless.
Here are a few examples of good inspirational quotes based on mental well-being:
- Focus on your own sunshine, and you’ll have been left in the cold.
This encourages your audience to find something that makes them feel alive because that is what life is all about.
People who can create happiness in their lives have an easier time with mental health.
- ‘Keep your face to the sun, and you cannot see the shadows.’ – Helen Keller.
Who better to take motivational advice from than someone who had to overcome several struggles throughout her life.
- ‘Imagination is more important than knowledge.’ – Albert Einstein.
Motivate others to embrace their creativity and use their imaginations every day.
- A phenomenal day spent in the ocean might lead to salty hair, but it is so worth it.
Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. That is the bottom line of this post.
- There might be clouds in the sky, but they don’t carry rain. Instead, they add color to an otherwise dull atmosphere.
This motivational post is excellent for encouraging people to look on the bright side.
- A great life is waiting for you.
People spend a lot of time sitting around waiting for happiness and fulfillment. This post motivates us to go and get what we want most in life: our ultimate life.
- ‘Be present in all things and thankful for all things.’ -Maya Angelou.
This beautiful quote from Maya reminds us to take a moment and appreciate what we have before life goes by.
- May your white notes flow in a way that brings happiness to your soul.
We are fortunate to have the technology and several instruments at our disposal.
But, may we never take them for granted and, instead, make them bring us joy in our everyday life.
We all know that exercise and a healthy diet make a significant difference in our overall happiness. However, we aren’t always motivated to keep ourselves healthy.
By adding motivational quotes that promote physical health and a happy life, you can boost your own eagerness to get healthy and encourage your audience to do the same.
Here are a few examples of motivational Instagram posts about physical health:
- Fusion yoga, my second favorite f word
This introduces a form of fitness with a touch of humor.
For example, if you have a yoga studio, this is a great way to encourage people to join your fusion yoga class.
- New running shoes, a new chapter
People love the idea of a new beginning. However, physical fitness can be overwhelming if you don’t feel like you are making much progress. Life is all about fighting through the challenges and reaping the rewards.
In that case, a mind shift might be just what you need to get you excited about your physical health again.
- The only thing standing between you and victory is you.
This post encourages the audience to stop limiting themselves and find their best life.
- The biggest mistake we can make is never trying.
Here is another example of inspirational captions where the audience will be motivated to get up and try.
Never underestimate the power of a simple caption with a big message. It can change your life.
- Crossing monkey bars become easy if you keep your eyes on the prize.
Hard work pays off. That is the message to take away here.
- An usher storm can bring spring rains.
Struggling to get better can do precisely that, making you more robust than ever before.
Most of us hope to have a very successful career, but it can be frustrating, especially considering what a big part of your life is spent at work.
Keep your audience positive and happy by adding career-related posts that motivate them to hang in there.
- Oprah Winfrey would approve of how I run things.
People love having someone to look up to, and when it comes to widely admired celebrities, Oprah is the leader of the pack.
- No instruction book is necessary if you work from the heart.
This post encourages the audience to work with passion.
- The correct attitude is the foundational key to making it big.
This is a good way that you can improve your audience’s attitude.
- Succeeding is the best revenge you can have on the haters.
Sadly lots of successful or driven people meet haters on the way as we pass through life. This might bother those of us who are more sensitive.
Encourage those followers to give it their all to succeed by reminding them that there is nothing haters hate more than your success.
- A new ending leads to fresh beginnings.
Sometimes things just don’t work out, and if you post about this, you relate to everyone who has experienced disappointment in the workplace.
Family, Friends, and Love
Our family and friends are such a significant part of our lives that we often want to include them in our Instagram posts.
There are several reasons why you might want to have your friends or family in your posts:
- Make someone feel exceptional with a special mention of the value they add to your life.
- Encourage a good friend to get through a hard time by posting some motivational Instagram captions.
- Advice on different relationships that feature in your life.
- Share ideas of activities that friends can do together.
It is clear that Instagram makes it possible to make your loved ones feel cared for and unique.
Here are a few examples of great inspirational Instagram captions about family and friends:
- You will always be my bestie because you know too damn much.
Showing someone that they are your best friend while adding some humor is a cute way to make someone’s day and show how much they mean in your life.
- Gossip has no loyalty and will start lying as soon as you turn your back. Therefore, avoid anyone who is always ready to share some words.
Instagram is a great place to share advice on the kind of people you want and doesn’t want to have in your life.
- We meet people by chance and become friends by choice.
Share this with your audience, and they will agree with you.
- You can share your stories with a good friend, but a best friend has experienced them all with you.
Show your best friend that you appreciate the fact that you have shared so much over the years.
- I adore the fact that I can speak my mind and be myself with my crowd.
You know you have found the right people when you laugh at the same time, and you can be yourself in every sense.
- Two things become exceptionally valuable the older your get: friends and time.
This is another example of one of the best inspirational captions since most people will relate to it immediately.
- Because we all need someone to love us unconditionally, God created mothers.
A beautiful caption that shows just how important mothers are for us all.
Sharing your causes with your followers is a great way to build a strong relationship with them while spreading information about your chosen charity.
Doing this can make the charity you are involved in stronger and make a difference in the world.
You might be able to make someone’s dreams come true just by adding clever and informative Instagram captions.
Keep these things in mind when you are posting about a specific charity:
- Keep your motivational captions related to the charity’s cause.
- Add as much info in your bio as you can so that people can get actively involved immediately.
- Know that, even though this is one of the essential things in your life, not everyone will feel this way. If some followers aren’t interested, let it go.
- Encourage people to start paying attention to your charity by focusing on all the positive things.
Start capturing your audience’s attention with inspirational captions that can’t be ignored.
Take your Instagram profile to the next level by writing unique inspirational captions that make people feel authentic, seen, and connected to you.
Write about the big themes of life and how important it is to appreciate beautiful music and the sunset sky.