Joanna helps Marketing and Growth teams at Global Companies and Start-Up ventures optimize their digital and marketing activities to exceed their business goals.
At Billo Summit 2021 Joanna Delaney shared how video marketing is important for lead generation.
Burgeoning Trend – Videos
Video is becoming the go-to in marketing. What is so great about video? Video shows your product and gives the consumer a visual and auditory “feel” for the product. It also is a way to connect on a deeper level with your consumer. Consequently, it is a way for lead generation.
Video can generate 300% more traffic to your site. 85% of customers want to see video content. On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video content than pages without. 82% of all consumer web traffic is from video.
Video As a Funnel for Lead Generation
Think of your video as a funnel. Think of it as a video or series of videos to take your customers on a journey. Here are the steps to do this effectively:
- Catch their attention – To catch consumers’ attention, simply create a video that explains who you are, what you do and what you sell, and why your product or service can help them.
- Ask qualifying questions – Ask the questions that are going to get your customers what they need to buy your product and to become a returning customer. For example, invite the customer to tell you exactly what they need or ask them to check out your product or service.
- Capture leads – If you provide a service or sell a product that requires consumers to talk to you first, you can capture those leads.
- Video Testimonials – Ask your existing customers for testimonials or reviews and use them with permission. Let your happy customers speak for you. Video testimonials create authenticity as it is real people in each of these videos talking about their experience with your product or service.
Improving Your Confidence Behind Camera
Let your face do the talking as talking to everyone that lands on your page like they are somebody. Face-to-face communication is still the best form of communication.
So how can you be more confident on camera to create the best communication with your customers? Talking on camera can feel unnatural as there is no response, and we are not used to talking to objects. We are looking for that feedback that we do not get from a lens. Also, try not to compare yourself to others. If you are starting, try not to compare yourself to people who have been putting videos out for years.
Tips for being more confident on video are:
- Look at the lens – Don’t read from a script, don’t look away. Look directly at the lens.
- Place a camera behind the camera – If it’s difficult for you to stay focused on the lens, put a mirror behind the camera and look at that.
- Make yourself feel comfortable -Try sitting behind a table in a relaxed environment and talking like you would in a meeting.
- Smile – This makes you seem more inviting and relaxed. People connect better with people that smile on camera.
- Have a script – Have outlines or bullet points of what you want to talk about readily available.
- Be concise – Get to the point quickly.
- Practice makes perfect – Practice as much as you can.
Also, remember that your voice does not sound weird!